Good news to all jambites, the JAMB 2022 registration excerise has begun!!!!!
According to the announcement by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), the registration exercise for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) would be held in various accredited registration centers across the country. This article contains the most reliable information gotten from JAMB office on the registration fee, deadlines, cost and procedures as well as an FAQ section beneath.
JAMB 2022 Registration Deadline
The JAMB/UTME 2022 registration started on 19th February, 2022 and is due to end on 26 March 2022 provided the board does not extend it.
JAMB 2022 Registration Cost
The cost of registration for JAMB/UTME 2022 is ₦4,700 (four thousand seven hundred naira in total) across all accredited registration centers. See the breakdown below.
- The e-pin which can be purchased at an accredited centre or at the bank costs ₦3,500
- The jamb novel (The Life Changer) costs ₦500
- While the CBT centre charges cost ₦700
NOTE: JAMB 2022 registration cannot be done at a cyber cafe. Candidates who patronize cafe agents and other third parties tend to pay more hence we advise you locate and go directly to one of the JAMB 2022 accredited centres near you.
How to register for JAMB 2022 exam
To successfully register for the JAMB 2022 exam, follow the easy steps below. Note that you would have to visit a JAMB accredited centre near you to complete the registration process.
- Get your NIN: All JAMB/UTME 2021 candidate must have their National Identification Number (NIN) ready before registration.
- Get you JAMB Profile Code: Once your NIN is ready you can then proceed to get your profile code by dialing ‘55019*NIN NO# or Text NIN space NIN NO to 55019 eg NIN 012364578 to 55019. This cost ₦50 per SMS so ensure you have enough airtime.
- Proceed to an accredited centre: Once you get an SMS reply with your profile code advance to the nearest JAMB accredited registration centre to make payments and complete your registration.
Information Required for JAMB 2022 Registration
At the jamb accredited centre the following information would be required of you
- Marital Status
- House Address
- Choice of Institutions: Here candidates are to choose four institutions they wish to apply to. Here are some rules to take note of. You can choose an max of two universities, one polytechnic or college of education and one IEI. You would also not be allowed to pick two federal universities although you can choose one federal and one state or two state or two private universities or at your desired combination.
- UTME Subject Combination: which is the three subjects you intend to sit for in the UTME plus Use of English which is compulsory for all.
- O’level Results: This is not compulsory as there would still be room to upload this later for all candidates especially those who haven’t taken their o’level exams and are awaiting result. Candidates who already have an O’level result should ensure to go with a copy to the registration centre.
- Examination Venue: This is where you intend writing your UTME examination. You won’t be able to choose a particular centre but you can choose a state and locality.
- Mock Exam: Accept or Decline writing the JAMB Mock Exam. The mock exam is a practice test that simulates the main exam experience and does not affect your main score. It’s always advisable to apply for these to access your level of preparation
- Biometrics: Capturing of candidates biometrics and passport is the last stage of the registration process. When this is complete, you would be given a print our of your examination slip.
JAMB 2022 Mock Exam Date
The JAMB/UTME mock examination is slated for 16th April 2022. Candidates who accepted writing the mock exam would be required to reprint their exam slip about a week to the date.
That’s all, Drop your questions and enquiries at the comment section below
We invite you to join our facebook community to get instant updates regarding UTME/P’UTME and Scholarship opportunities